At first we are going to see the Olesk Castle. It was first mentioned in 1327. In that times it played the role of the border fortress between Poland and The Great Lithuanian Principiality. The castle was the most developed in the 17 th century, when it was rebuilt by Ivan Danylovych. The king of Poland Jan Sobeskiy was born here. He also visited the castle in old age.
Nowadays this castle is considered to be one of seven miracles of Ukraine in the category of castles and fortresses. There is a beautiful exhibition of pictures, icons, furniture and interiers of the 14-18 th centuries.
And we are moving further to Pochayiv Monastery. In the 13 th century two monks used to meet The Lady of God here. She had left Her footprint on the stone here. Nowadays this footprint as well as the miraculous icon of Lady of God and relics of Sts. Iov and Amphilohiy are considered to be those shrines which are visited by Ukrainian and foreign pilgrims.